Accounts Receivables Clerk
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company is a division of Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas. Azar is looking for a Accounts Receivables Clerk to join our team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- On a daily basis, researches and posts customer payments by recording cash and checks into the computer system and verifies by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lockbox and local deposits.
- Monitor all outstanding balances and design various collection options to negotiate collections.
- Send balance statements to customers as needed.
- Monitor Credit Exception report to identify credit exposure.
- Assists the Accounts Receivable and Credit Supervisor in interpreting and resolving accounts receivable problems with customers.
- Process and monitor sales invoices.
- Maintains accurate customer files; keeps track of name changes, merges, address changes, and mailing attentions for all divisions. Relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain Tax exempt certificates updated for all active customers.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts receivable overage balances.
- Investigate and submit chargeback claims for unauthorized OS&D deductions.
- Research of customer discrepancies (Deductions).
- Review and apply deductions resolutions from Trade Management system.
- Review and communicate any deviation from customer payment plan, obtains appropriate approvals to have open credits applied, and, in general, keeps the accounts receivable system as clean as possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Individuals in this role regularly reach out to customers and clients in an attempt to resolve debts. This requires strong customer service skills, such as conflict de-escalation and phone etiquette.
- Interact with a wide array of supervisors, customers, and vendors. Successful analysts will know how to communicate their ideas and feelings in a polite and professional manner, even when others do not behave in the same way. They should also feel comfortable listening to others for extended periods of time.
- Keeping up with multiple customer accounts and inputting large amounts of data requires an eye for detail.
- Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability, aligns work with strategic goals.
- Should feel comfortable using accounting software to input important customer and financial data.
- Develops workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with all other departments to accomplish company goals.
- Proficient MS Office user.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills required.
- Ability to work with others, directs others, and work cooperatively with other teams to ensure completion of projects.
- Must be a team player with strong business and reporting ethics.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize /independently manage time, able to multitask, and adhere to deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school Diploma or GED with at least two-three years of experience in Accounts Receivable in a high-volume processing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting preferred.
- Baan IV financial or other financial ERP application experience is preferred.
- Must be bilingual with fluent use of the English & Spanish language.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled