Continuous Improvement Engineer
Element Food Solutions in Hodgkins, Illinois, is searching for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Twenty-six days of paid time off during your first year
- Health insurance for employee and family (medical, dental and vision)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
Review manufacturing practices through reporting and visual data for OEE and Lean efficiency recommendations, equipment modifications and/or equipment replacement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls.
- Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Plan, design, implement, and manage integrated production systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence, and cost control. These systems will integrate people, information, equipment, processes and energy throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Participate in production and department meetings.
- Be very familiar with lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Must be able to implement SPC for variable and attribute data processes.
- Establish new manufacturing systems and modern manufacturing practices, such as, but not limited to: Kanban inventory, 5S, lean, TAKT time analysis and line pacing, Six Sigma problem solving and resolution techniques, and statistical process control.
- Work on the reduction of labor thru automation and tooling enhancements.
- Establish methods, equipment, and layout of all direct and indirect jobs utilizing time-study.
- Plan and implement or improve work methods utilizing the optimal systems and controls to achieve the production efficiency goals.
- Assignment of special projects in ergonomics, cost reduction, statistical process control, automation, facility layout among others.
- Evaluate the task being performed and establish the method and equipment needed to achieve the quality and production requirements necessary for the job.
- Utilize time-study and predetermined time systems such as MTM to set production standards.
- Analyze the production system being used and recommend alternatives in methods, line balancing, wage administration and cost reduction.
- Evaluate the best ergonomic machine setup to utilize disabled workers if necessary.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with sales, planning, purchasing and customer service staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
- Design develop and test and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
- Evaluate and validate internal SOPs, Recipes and Specifications and other documents related to the adequate process functioning.
- Evaluate and solve production problems.
- Train personnel or conduct training to introduce new processes when needed.
- Communicate information or changes within the organization to employees.
- Issue visual, written, and oral instructions.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, Science or Related Manufacturing Field.
- 3-5 years working experience in a manufacturing facility or related industry or related practice.
- Implement and mentor in Lean Manufacturing, SPC and Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Green Belt training (preferred).
- Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. photocopy, and/or related office peripherals).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (i.e. Excel pivot tables, generate and monitor trending charts, Power Point, Visio, Outlook and Word).
- Proficiency in Redzone and Tableau (preferred).
- English proficiency required/ Spanish proficiency (preferred).
- Industrial Engineering skills and knowledge related to define maintain and improve operational processes.
- Food Safety/Quality Systems experience (preferred).
- Food industry knowledge is plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to use general office equipment (i.e., photocopy, and/or related office peripherals).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (i.e., Excel pivot tables, generate and monitor trending charts, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, and Word).
- Facility to mentor teammates in the usage of KPIs to drive the overall production processs to be more productive and efficient.
- Numeric Reasoning
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled