Corporate Food Safety and Quality Engineer
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company, a division of Mount Franklin Foods is a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for a Corporate Food Safety and Quality Engineer to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Twenty-six days of paid time off during your first year
- Health insurance for employee and family (medical, dental and vision)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
The Food Safety and Quality Engineer (FSQE) is responsible for conducting audits to suppliers, co-manufacturing suppliers, and internal audits to each one of the Mount Franklin Foods factories to assess, inform and follow up the compliance to food safety and standards in accordance with the organization and regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for conducting regular supplier audits, and company- wide internal audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, as well as serving as a back-up to the SQF Practitioner for Sunrise Confections side of the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the supply chain in regards of food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as the liaison for suppliers and co-manufacturing suppliers.
- Identifies technical problems with suppliers, co-manufacturing suppliers, and with each one of the company-wide factories and ensures the implementation of effective corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate quality records, certifications, and database screens, for example and not exclusive, the use of the TraceGains and Redzone platforms.
- Recommends approval or disqualification of suppliers based on the suppliers performance through audits, key performance indicators, or documentation review.
- Conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications.
- Maintains the suppliers quality compliance database as well as the approved supplier list for the company.
- Travel to audit suppliers and co-manufacturing suppliers, and the company-wide factories.
- Establishes schedules for reviewing supplier and quality performance.
- Serves as a back up SQF Practitioner in case of an absence of the SQF Practitioner in the Sunrise Plant.
Education and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science.
- Experience in a quality supervising capacity.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Problem Solver who use advanced analytical skills to find innovative solution to quality-related issues
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills to submit progress reports and present findings with objective evidence to the different managerial levels in the company including Purchasing, Quality and R&D leaders
- Certified in HACCP, and as SQF Practitioner
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled