El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for Cost Accountant to join our team
Reporting to the Cost Accounting Supervisor, the Cost Accountant shall hold responsibility for generating relevant data related to cost accounting functions, including all finished goods inventory and assisting where necessary in the establishment of standards, bill of materials, and investigation of associated variances. The Cost Accountant will assist in the preparation of the budget and monthly cost estimates. Prepares weekly and monthly management reports and provides analytic support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs month end close activities related to cost accounting and inventories including the preparation of journal entries, analysis of cost details and inventory results, and necessary account reconciliations.
- Prepares actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepares financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and operating expenses.
- Create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost updates.
- Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Maintains and improves processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation as required by Management.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory losses and inventory levels.
- Assists in developing, documenting, and testing policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Responsible for overall standards of cost accounting.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP computer systems (preferred).
- Ability to adapt and learn new software.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of accounting experience; cost accounting preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts.
- Extremely strong Excel skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Collaboration Skills
- Results Driven
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled