Fixed Assets Accountant
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company is a division of Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas. Azar is looking for Fixed Assets Accountant to join our team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee and record fixed asset accounting requirements, including capitalization policies, depreciation schedules, additions, disposals, and regular reporting.
- Assist with financial reporting to prepare and coordinate regular monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Perform fixed asset variance analysis on financial data (depreciation reasonableness and fluctuation analysis).
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to the general ledger.
- Perform detailed review, analysis, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and financial information.
- Prepare monthly and year to date Fixed Asset Roll-Forward for tax accounting.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts by projecting depreciation.
- Monitor the status of all construction projects and review balances to ensure compliance with accrual basis accounting and company capital expenditure policies.
- Review purchase requests to validate that the project should be treated as a capital expenditure.
- Monitor and review Construction in Process (CIP) and work closely with field personnel to ensure timely in-service dates with proper useful lives and asset classifications.
- Assign and issue fixed asset tags.
- Facilitate Fixed Asset physical inventory count.
- Act as the accounting representative on tasks forces and develop good working relationships with various teams such as purchasing, warehouse, continuous improvement, engineering, tax and accounts payable.
- Prepare audit materials and interact with external auditors.
- Assist in the development, implementation and improvement of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide ad-hoc data inquiries and reports.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Act as backup to other General Ledger Accounting positions.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting required. 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Baan IV financial or other financial ERP application experience is preferred.
- Must be bilingual with fluent use of the English and Spanish language.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled