General Accounting Supervisor
El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for General Accounting Supervisor to join our team
Summary of Job
This position requires a detail-oriented and experienced individual to oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the accounting department. The Accounting Supervisor's responsibilities include recruiting and training accounting staff. You should also be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in accounting technologies and software to streamline accounting processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assisting staff members in the preparation of monthly accounting reports.
- Analyzing financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Perform / review reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Perform / review journal entries recorded into the ledger for accuracy and completeness.
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Record, track, and reconcile multi-currency intercompany transactions.
- Prepare schedules and provide information for year-end audit and tax returns.
- Providing regular updates to management regarding company finances.
- Provide oversight to processes related to loan requests and commission and rebates.
- Prepare budgeting reports and help in the overall annual budget process.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting required. 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Baan IV financial or other financial ERP application experience is preferred.
- Must be bilingual with fluent use of the English and Spanish language.
- Experience working as an Accounting Supervisor preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled