Learning and Development Coordinator
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company is a division of Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas. Azar is looking for a Learning and Development Coordinator to join our team.
This position will assist departmental needs by ensuring training scheduled is provided and training records and information are completed on a timely basis. The trainer will work with department supervisors and managers to ensure trainings for processes are up-to-date and effective. Trainer will also ensure all employees trained are meeting the minimum requirements of score in the assessments taken and will work with Training and Development Supervisor to analyze and improve training materials. The trainer will also assist the Training and Development Supervisor in developing and implementing new technologies into the training program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Follows monthly training schedule set by department Training Matrixes and Master Training Schedule.
- Effectively schedules training sessions to achieve increased participation and knowledge retention, works with supervisors, managers and/ or team leads to find best possible times.
- Conceptualizes training materials based on data and research. Proposes trainings to Training and Development Supervisor when issues or problems are identified.
- Creates and reviews existing training material for improvements, changes and/ or updates in coordination with the Training and Development Supervisor.
- Provides high quality workshops, individual training sessions, and group trainings (average of 25 people) using the best method for the audience and the training content.
- Tests and reviews created materials to identify gaps in information, areas of improvement and to prepare/ practice for trainings. Suggests improvements to Training and Development Supervisor.
- Assess employee learning and knowledge retention using assessments. Follows Training Procedure to identify acceptable scores.
- Ensures all training records are properly filled, whether electronic or hard copies. Keeps and maintains records in a state of readiness for audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a trainer facilitating trainings
- Certification from talent and training associations (plus)
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Proficiency in designing presentations.
- Technical aptitude to learn new programs, online tools, HRIS and LMS systems is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate across the organization on all levels.
- Strong presentation & influencing skills.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to schedule, develop and facilitate required trainings.
- Highly dynamic and energetic individual who can deliver interesting and enthusiastic trainings.
- Forward thinker and planner
- Eager to learn new training concepts to develop personal and professional skills.
- Dedicated and committed to facilitating effective trainings.
- Able to change and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle difficult situations.
- Patient attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled