El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods is a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas. We are searching for a Plant Manager to join our team.
Summary of Job
Responsible for operational areas of production, executing the daily schedule to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company while operating within budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure plant conformance to all KPIs, working toward continuous improvement.
- Monitors Overall Efficiency of Equipment (OEE) for all production machines.
- Supervises plant production personnel.
- Ensures that plant staff is adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the plant goals can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures two-way communication between plant supervision and employees, both individually and as a group concerning operations issues.
- Participates in hiring of all plant personnel.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of all plant personnel.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals and other records for operations areas.
- Ensures that all plant personnel are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Directs activities for Plant Operations Departments.
- Complies and enforces all safety rules regarding personnel safety, machine operation and proper guarding in his area and throughout the facility
- Wears steel toe/non-slip shoes and proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Reports and investigates any unsafe condition and/or practice to his/her immediate supervisor
- Complies and enforces Companys food safety, food quality and food defense systems.
- Carries proper companys identification and parking permit
- Complies with all safety, health, and environmental company policies and procedures.
- Reports and investigates any work-related injuries to immediate supervisor.
- Complies and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Complies with SQF food Safety and Quality System
- Adequately carries out all activities related to security and quality of the finished product.
- Complies and enforces security norms and food quality.
- Becomes personally accountable for the highest quality and integrity standards of behavior, honesty, and fairness in all aspects of the job
- Performs internal audits to the Safety and Quality System
- Provides corrective and preventive actions to non-conformities and issues thru internal corrective and preventive action procedure
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing-related field
- 5-7 years in food plant supervision (preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- Financial experience in budget management
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled