Position: Production Manager
Reporting to: Director of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Hodgkins, Illinois
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who sets goals for their team, equips them to succeed, and prepares & mentors them for challenges. They possess an engaging leadership presence and have the ability to compel the team to higher levels of performance. They have experience evolving a plant culture to meet the expectations of a changing customer. They motivate the team and the plant to attain higher levels of achievement to deliver Best-in-Class service to customers. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of accountability, who can partner with the General Manager, Director of Manufacturing and other staff members to optimize the growth potential and profitability of the company. The individual will become a key member of the Manufacturing team and must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the company.
- Responsible for production efficiencies by organizing workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitors production to resolve issues and ensures output meets quality standards
- Leads team members by managing and executing plant processes. Proven ability to grow direct reports through positive coaching and challenging expectations
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure cost, quality, safety and customer service goals are met
- Maintains an engaged and team-oriented workforce to meet business demands
- Collaborates with members of the Manufacturing Team to formulate objectives, understand requirements and drive department performance
- Develop a cross trained Operations staff to maximize flexibility across multiple production lines to meet customer demands
- Evaluate staffing needs and implement improvements in labor reduction and increased automation
- Experience in a packaged-goods products environment and dry blending is desirable. Unit Packaging line experience also highly desired, but minimum 5 – 7 years food experience is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in production management (showing continual progression) in a multi shift operation. Preferably in a plant of 150 or larger employees.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent & developing/implementing continuous improvement initiatives and accountability programs.
- Proven track record of developing / assembling a team into a high functioning organization.
- Ability to understand OEE, Quality and Production reports, analyze, draw conclusions and develop improvement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference in an Engineering background such as Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Managing Change, Critical Thinking, Continuous Cost Focus, Technical Expertise, Influence and Delivery of Sustainable Results
- Looking for a proven leader who is personable, engaging and likeable.
- Change agent who has worked autonomously and is a self-starter.
- Down to earth, hands on leader, who develops relationships at all levels.
- Experience with large number of SKUs/diverse, highly complex product mix is preferred.
- Leadership skills that included strong communication talent, team-based continuous improvement motivational tactics, creative instincts and the ability to implement company goals.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peers, as well as a strong track record of team development, allowing team members to move into greater roles.
- Desire to work hands-on in the plant, spending a significant amount of time on the plant floor rather than behind a desk.
- Strong personal work ethic; capable of establishing and concentrating on the high priority issues that will serve the company in total.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience using Redzone Production Systems software to drive performance, accountability and continuous improvement
- Analyze Daily Replenishment & Sales Shortage Summary report and apply information to specific affected Sales Orders; communicate these specific shortages to Customer Service Representatives.
- When managing limited inventory levels, make decisions on allocating the inventory and prioritizing customer orders for shipment.
- Assess the current customer sales order fulfillment workflow between Customer Service and the Distribution Center; lead the development of process improvements to increase efficiency in proactively identifying product shortages and communicating them to customers.
- Review daily Short Report with DC personnel; Scheduling Dept.; & BUM’s to assign reasons for each shortage. Update Short Report and publish reasons via the Short Report email distribution list.
- Act as focal point for communication of daily order-related issues coordinated between Customer Service Reps and DC Clerks/Supervisors. Includes (but not limited to) the following: inventory accuracy discrepancies in Baan; order loading delays reported by customers; appointment scheduling difficulties; BOL requests; availability of product in-transit; ship/no ship decisions on order shortages.
- Assist DC personnel in the management and execution of Customer Vendor Compliance Requirements applied to sales orders
- Help with generation of RA’s for specific order-execution exceptions: i.e., product-left-behind, or over-pallet/overweight orders, as needed.
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Follow all relevant food safety rules including SQF, cGMPs, and Food Defense.
- Report any observed food safety violations to your Supervisor immediately.
Please submit your resume to MWujick@elementfs.com
We are eager to meet you and make you part of our family!
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled