Quality Assurance Supervisor (2nd Shift)
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company, a division of Mount Franklin Foods is a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor (2nd Shift) to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Twenty-six days of paid time off during your first year
- Health insurance for employee and family (medical, dental and vision)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
Reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and is in charge with developing and maintaining a system to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels.
Statistical analysis, precision measurement and process capability studies are an intricate part of the quality assurance program; therefore, formal education courses related to these areas such as mathematics, statistics and industrial practices are essential for this position. Some quality assurance practices as they apply to individual unique products can be learned during the on-the-job training, but overall capability in this discipline must be previously demonstrated.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a quality production program to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards.
- Revises and updates the quality control manual to incorporate statistical control programs.
- Develops and maintains a supplier quality index, utilizing statistical control programs, to assure that only high quality vendors are retained.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Prepare and represent the company during all audits.
- Coordinates and approves all sample submissions of new products and engineering changes.
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel.
- Complies and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Responsible for keeping data system for customer service complaints.
- Implement and manage all quality systems including HACCP, SQF, quality system and Food Safety.
- Will follow and enforce food safety in the company.
- Investigates complaints on existing products and responds to customer service.
- Develops and recommends test procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
- Ensures manufacturing QA final acceptance, Product Hold and Material Review.
- Trains lab group on safety topics, quality procedures and business updates.
- Participates in other plant teams and programs such as HACCP Team, SQF Team, and others as assigned.
- Directs and advises personnel in special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of product materials.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of new developments, technology and processes.
- Maintains time and testing records, reporting monthly.
- Oversee and participate in the GMP Food Safety plant audits and monitor that the non-compliances are corrected.
- Oversee and monitor the Pest and Vermin control program to ensure that the IPM program is effective and all sightings reported are followed up and analyzed.
- Supervise re-coup/re-case program for all internal re-works or customer returns The HOLD Warehouse must be continuously controlled to ensure dispositions are done within a timely basis.
- Monitors QA final acceptance, Product Hold and Material Review performance and implements changes to improve operating efficiency.
- Develops, justifies and implements manufacturing QA process improvements.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine efficiency of process.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet testing schedules.
- Oversee the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and HOLD product.
- Will assure that the companys products are within specification by verifying all of the reports from the QA techs.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors in Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology or related field.
- 3 plus years of experience in a related field required.
- SQF Practitioner Certified preferred.
- PCQI Certified preferred.
- Must be able to visually recognize non-conforming products, equipment, packaging materials, and do sensory evaluations for any non-conforming product(s).
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of AIB, FSMA, HACCP, SQF, GMPs Food Safety, Kosher certification and USDA and FDA requirements.
- Must be able to use analytical equipment like weighing scales, moisture analyzers, color meter equipment, Brix refract meters, Salt analyzers and ATP clean trace swab tester.
- Must be able to use microbiology, chemistry Lab equipment like pipettes, burettes, incubators, environmental swabs etc.
- Evaluate employees through performance reviews, ongoing coaching and feedback methods.
- Continuously improve performance based on the key performance indicators.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Provides technical and process direction to manufacturing Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and supervision of manufacturing for department staff.
- Ability to work cross functionally with different departments and with all levels of personnel from technicians, to upper leadership in the company.
- Is problem solving oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to train, coach and develop personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled