El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for Safety Coordinator to join our team
Summary of Job
Under the general direction of the Safety Manager, the Safety Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the safety program. This includes designing and building safety programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury from occurring as well as managing the security team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Ensure the implementation and updating of required written safety and health programs and plans. these may include, as needed:
- Hazard Communication Program
- Exposure Control Program (Blood borne Pathogens, TB)
- Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE)
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Chemical Hygiene Plan (including Lab Safety)
- Hazard Communication Program
- Lockout/Tag out (LOTO)
- Confined Space Entry Program
- Hearing Test Program
Emergency Action Plan:
- Conduct periodic safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities.
- Ensure that quarterly safety training and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees.
- Ensure that OSHA 300 log of occupational injuries and illnesses is maintained.
- Conduct accident/injury investigations and illness exposure monitoring.
- Establish and monitor a program for reporting and investigating “near-miss” situations.
- Conduct investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions and complaints.
- Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
- Ensure periodic inspections of all motorized vehicles.
- Train production personnel in safety related topics
- Maintain QCDSM Matrix
- Manage security personnel to ensure quality of service
- Manage security personnel hours
- Relieve security personnel as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Analyzing data collected through safety process.
- Make recommendations on data findings to improve the overall safety
- Review policies to ensure they meet all customer and government requirements.
- Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Oversees new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Coordinate "right-to-understand" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
- Maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring and ventilation surveys.
- Plan emergency response drills.
- Development of Safety Recognition Process
- Conduct incident investigations and safety training.
- Build presentations of Safety Data results for Senior Management.
- Demonstrate a high visibility and positive attitude in order to establish an effective and responsible safety culture.
- Communicate daily all safety concerns to Employees and Management.
- Perform Safety Audits to continually improve Processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager
Education and Qualifications
- GED or High School
- Safety experience preferred
- Industrial experience preferred
- OSHA Knowledge or OSHA certification preferred
- Knowledge of Food Quality Systems, (SQF preferred)
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Food industry knowledge preferred.
- MS Office Knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled