Trade and Promotions Specialist
El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for a Trade and Promotions Specialist to join our team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain promotional and broker programs module and trade accrual management.
- Main liaison with Sales Reps and Brokers
- Daily, research and posts customer payments by recording cash and checks into the computer system and verifies by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lockbox and local deposits.
- Monitor all outstanding balances and design various collection options to negotiate collections.
- Send balance statements to customers as needed.
- Assists the Corporate Accounts Receivable and Credit Manager in interpreting and resolving accounts receivable problems with customers.
- Process and monitor sales invoices.
- Maintains accurate customer files; keeps track of name changes, merges, address changes, and mailing attentions for all divisions. Relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain Tax exempt certificates updated for all active customers.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts receivable overage balances.
- Investigate and submit chargeback claims for unauthorized OS&D deductions.
- Maintain and prepare reports for ledger accounts and analyze variance according to Account Receivable policies.
- Research of customer discrepancies (Deductions).
- Review and communicate any deviation from customer payment plan, obtains appropriate approvals to have open credits applied, and, in general, keeps the accounts receivable system as clean as possible.
- Upon request, provides special reports reflecting status of customer accounts.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies and or deductions by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and backup from customers.
- Collect data from various credit and analytics data companies to analyze credit exposure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting preferred or 2+ years of experience in basic accounting or accounts receivable processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong Excel and database skills (Pivot tables, macros, Vlookups, etc).
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Accounts Receivable, Deductions and credit analysis preferred.
- Baan IV financial or other financial ERP application experience is preferred.
- Must be bilingual with fluent use of the English and Spanish language.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled