El Paso, Texas
Mount Franklin Foods, a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for a Transportation Specialist to join our team.
Summary of Job
Manage timely and accurate movement of finished goods to end customer by consolidating, scheduling, and tendering the loads to carriers for effective coverage level. Collaborate with internal departments to optimize preparation and transportation of goods.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform load planning utilizing Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Responsible for appointing pick up times and deliveries to customers
- Responsible for tendering loads to carriers and confirming they pick up on time
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in fast paced environment
- Provide load exception assistance
- Report Customizer
- Ability to negotiate rates to keep costs within budget
- Manage dock activity scheduling
- Schedule pick up and delivery appointments
- Verify equipment required for loads and validate correct pricing
- Provide track n trace reports to internal departments and customers
- Execute problem solving services on load exceptions
- Execute OS&D functions and issue disposition
- Effective communication between management, internal departments, carriers, and customers
- Knowledge of transportation policies and procedures
- Work in partnership with internal departments to optimize load planning and deliver by required delivery dates
- Perform reporting functions in the TMS for measuring performance
- Responsible for any additional projects or tasks assigned by management
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business or a related industry; a minimum of 3 years experience in logistics or supply chain.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulations.Proficiency in transportation management software.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Transportation Management System
- MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Infor M3
- Ability to plan, organize and manage
- Capable of capturing data for analysis & report creation
- Developing and implementing transportation effectiveness
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks as a transportation planner
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Ability to adapt to changes and efficiencies
- Capability to negotiate with carriers
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled